Software Research Engineer
VORTEX-CoLab is looking for exceptional Software Research Engineers with a MSc academic background in something exceptional such as Computer Science, Information Technology or similar. As a Software Research Engineer at Vortex-CoLab you will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of other engineers, researchers, designers and product managers supporting initiatives that will define the next generation of embedded and real-time systems that are highly connected, with massive processing power and performing complex applications. As a member of the team you will drive future concepts and contribute to our innovation roadmap and prototype solutions.
How you can expect to fill your days:
- Participation in amazing and out-of-the-box Research and Development projects where you will be able to turn awesome ideas into reality;
- With a keen focus on productivity balanced with the ability to experiment cross-cutting technologies, you will deliver high quality, reusable and testable software components for real-time embedded systems in C or C++;
- Boost up the collaborative environment provided to design and develop innovative solutions for challenging problems with scalable, production quality software;
- Enable and inspire innovation to solve analytical problems and debug software;
- Participation in all project development cycle phases, with a primary focus on the architecture and establishing requirements phases;
- Work with a highly skilled engineering team, be part of the team planning and improvement using agile methodologies.
- With a keen interest in technology and science you will have between 2 to 5 years of experience in software design and development;
- Fluency in objected-oriented languages and software architectures;
- Hands-on experience using C or C++;
- A solid love for software development makes you an expert in distributed software architectures;
- Master in the use of GNU/Linux (development, shell scripting and basic administration);
- The ability to work with highly scalable and performant backend services;
- As a strong Agilist, you work autonomously within an agile environment with automated testing and continuous integration and delivery;
- A real thirst for knowledge and to stay ahead of the latest software trends makes you an active curious and inventive thinker. You’re not afraid to try something new;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- A natural inclination to work on a collaborative environment, and the willingness to work on a broad variety of projects.