Trailblazing Embedded Systems Research Engineer
VORTEX-CoLab is looking for exceptional Embedded Systems Research Engineers with a MSc in Computer Engineering or similar (Embedded Systems, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics). As an Embedded Systems Research Engineer at Vortex-CoLab you will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of other engineers, researchers, designers and product managers supporting initiatives that will define the next generation of embedded and real-time systems that are highly connected, with massive processing power and performing complex applications. As a member of the team you will drive future concepts and contribute to our innovation roadmap and prototype solutions.
How you can expect to fill your days:
- Leverage on your technical streak to develop and implement software of embedded devices and systems in C or C++;
- Feed your passion for embedded systems and all things tech through the participation in awesome research and innovation projects;
- Perform verification & validation testing of embedded systems which will contribute to the creation of out-of-the box prototypes;
- With a keen focus on productivity, analyze, monitor and improve efficiency and stability of the systems and optimize I/O performance;
- Boost up the creative environment provided and demonstrate quickness in learning and ability to experiment cross-cutting technologies;
- Desire to learn object-oriented programming languages and some experience (0-2 years) with technologies such as C, C++ and/or Assembly;
- A passion for embedded systems gives you a sound knowledge of embedded platforms, Linux device drivers and microcontrollers;
- Hands-on experience in Embedded and Real-Time Systems;
- Familiar with connectivity protocols like Zigbee, LoRa, Bluetooth;
- Familiar with low-level communication protocols like SPI, I2C, Ethernet, UART, CAN;
- A real thirst for knowledge and to stay ahead of the latest trends makes you an active curious and inventive thinker. You´re not afraid to try something new;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- A natural inclination to work on a collaborative environment, and the willingness to work on a broad variety of projects.
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with automotive technologies such as AUTOSAR and infotainment stacks like GENIVI;
- A love of all things tech; from the latest in artificial intelligence, to whatever software, hardware, or combination of both, is required to get the job done.